Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Friday Lunch-Out

I've been wanting to eat at Via Mare but found no chance to do so until last Friday. Mom invited us over for lunch at Greenbelt (the place to be!) and the best part is that we get to dine at the resto of MY choice. She's taking the entire day off with my eldest sister to shop for dresses they'd be wearing for the oathtaking this coming Saturday (Anne just passed the physician's licensure).

Now let's talk about food.
We ordered boneless bangus sinigang sa miso, breaded tofu, and barbecued baby back ribs. I actually requested the breaded tofu just to compare my recipe with theirs. Guess what? Mine is better=). So much for bragging, i really love their baby back ribs. We were kind of hesitant to order it at first due to being traumatized the last time we had one at TGI Friday's (all ribs...no meat!!!), but it's just plain delish...even the salad that comes with it. Their sinigang has only a hint of tartness with a generous amount of miso mixed with the soup. So if you like the taste of miso, then you should definitely go for it. Now, the real reason behind my Via Mare craving is their Puto Bumbong (photos in my next post). My sister warned me not to order the purple rice cake because it failed to satisfy her palate the last time she had it at the resto. Good thing i didn't heed her advice. It was the best ending to a perfect lunch-out with the girls dearest to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home